[scponly] Logging

Kaleb Pederson kpederson at mail.ewu.edu
Wed Sep 21 11:46:07 EDT 2005

It should log to syslog.  It opens the syslog connection before the chroot, so
you shouldn't need to do anything special to get it to work under the chroot.
That said, it works for me...

You might turn on debug mode (echo "1" > $prefix/etc/scponlyc/debuglevel) and
see if that makes anything show up, although you should see something even
without debug mode being turned on.

Running strace on it should help.  At minimum, you should see it try and open
the socket, etc. etc.  Somewhere in the archives I posted instructions on
running strace on the process if you need them.

Hope that helps?

--Kaleb