[scponly] strange problem

Paul Hyder Paul.Hyder at noaa.gov
Thu Sep 15 17:34:23 EDT 2005

Seems it might be helpful to turn on debugging (change the value in the debuglevel
file to 1, it will be /usr/local/etc/scponly/debuglevel unless you changed
the prefix at configure time).  That results in more detailed syslog messages.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "the root directory of the entire
filesystem" but more detailed syslog messages would show the process.
If you mean that the scp sessions end up at the top level of the chroot
then there might be missing "//" chroot indicators in the top level
password file user home directory entries.  Try setting debug level and
running sftp and scp.  If the resulting syslogs don't give you enough
information please send a (small please) set of syslog messages to the list.
	Paul Hyder
	NOAA Forecast Systems Lab
	Boulder, CO