[scponly] strange problem

katsumi liquer katsumi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 15:35:45 EDT 2005

Hello,

First of all thanks to everyone involved in this program because it is
definitely a major missing piece of the puzzle with our openssh based
installation here -- but I have noticed something strange which I
can't figure out. I have configured scponlyc for several users, and in
general everything seems to work fine. If I use the SFTP protocol to
connect, everything is normal and I get the chroot directory structure
which I would expect -- however, if I use the SCP protocol, for some
reason I am defaulted to the root directory of the entire filesystem!
I have checked my configurations and I can't find anything wrong, nor
do I see any strange messages in the system logs. Has anyone seen this
happen before and have any ideas on what it might be?

I apologize if this is a poor question -- I did my best to try and
find an answer first, and I searched through several threads in the
archive and I didn't find anything. I appreciate any information
anyone has very much!

katsu