[scponly] hiding folders from users...

Paul Hyder Paul.Hyder at noaa.gov
Mon Oct 3 11:38:42 EDT 2005

In the 4.1 release having users "dropped" into their chrooted home directory
should be a matter of constructing the user home directory entry (or entries)
in the top level /etc/passwd file.  The /etc/passwd home directory should have "//"
in it somewhere:
buser:x:4342:30:bogus user:/altroot/scponly//home/EmptyHomeDir:/usr/local/sbin/scponlyc

If you don't specify this the behavior is to cd to the chrooted "/" to avoid the
potential for having chrooted user somewhere above the chroot point.

If you've already done that, turn on debugging and look at the syslog traces.
(change the contents of the debuglevel file from 0 to 1, unless you moved the
install point it is probably /usr/local/etc/scponly/debuglevel)
	Paul Hyder
	NOAA Earth System Research Laboratory, Global Systems Division
	Boulder, CO