[scponly] failed WinSCP compatibility mode

Jeremie Le Hen jeremie at le-hen.org
Tue Nov 15 18:08:11 EST 2005

Hi list,

[ Please Cc: me in your replies as I am not subscribed to this list. ]

I get the following error message when I connect to my FreeBSD 4 box
with WinSCP, using the SCP protocol.  This doesn't occur using the
SFTP protocol :

% failed WinSCP compatibility mode [username: someuser(1010), IP/port: 192.168.1.178 1594 22]

I checked scponly code and it appears this error string is triggered
when process_winscp_requests() returns -1.  This very function returns
-1 only when the length of the line it got from STDIN is 0.  I'm not
sure of what this means.

Note that the ssh server is not chroot'ed : I've read on this very list
a thread [1] about someone having the same problem with a RedHat 9 in
2003, but no solution was given, unfortunately.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

[1] https://lists.ccs.neu.edu/pipermail/scponly/2003-October/000353.html
--