[scponly] --enable-passwd-compat

Kaleb Pederson kpederson at ewu.edu
Fri Mar 18 19:13:08 EST 2005

Joe et al.,

As I mentioned briefly in my e-mail yesterday, --enable-passwd-compat flag
doesn't quite work.  I indicated that I needed something like:

DEFS            = -DENABLE_PASSWD -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DDEBUGFILE='"${DEBUGFILE}"'

in the Makefile to make it work.... I was actually only half right.    This is
sufficient to make it compile, but not to work correctly.  Perhaps you
already fixed the bug in its entirety.  Either way, config.h looks as follows
with password compat mode on:

/* passwd compatibility */
#ifdef ENABLE_PASSWD
#define PROG_PASSWD "/bin/passwd"
#endif

But in scponly.c it's looking for PASSWD_COMPAT.

#ifdef PASSWD_COMPAT
    { PROG_PASSWD, 1 },
#endif /*ENABLE_PASSWD*/

Obviously, the above should reference ENABLE_PASSWD or PASSWD_COMPAT needs to
be defined... It looks like it should be defined per configure.in, but
something was missing.

Thanks.

--Kaleb