[scponly] scponlyc. "cannot initialize SFTP protocol.

wilho wallaton wilho_76 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 6 04:49:40 EDT 2005

Hi!

I have problems connecting to scponlyc shell with
winscp 3.7.4. WinSCP say that "Connection has been
unexpectedly closed. Server sent command exit status
1."

If I change the shell of the user to scponly, I can
connect just fine - so it _must_ be in jail, right?
I'm running ubuntu, and installed scponly by using
apt-get. I had to unzip and run setup_chroot script
manually, but I didn't give me any errors. I even
tried scpjailer, but with same results.

I installed bash-static into chroot environment for
testing purposes and I'm able to login into
environment with it just fine, and I can run all the
programs in bin just fine.

bute here's something I figured out:

I checked that binaries in config.h are matching with
ones in bin, and all under ENABLE_SCP2 were there, but
ones which are added by WINSCP_COMPAT weren't there. I
added them manually and they are working, but no help.

Is this configuration option doing something during
compilation of the scponlyc, which prevents things
from working?

-wilho