[scponly] WinSCP: this is end-of-file:0

a person a at newchem.ru
Wed Jan 5 06:43:05 EST 2005

PH> Both of these messages indicate that the "jail" is not complete.
PH> (Since the exact configuration of the chrooted directories is
PH> extremely site specific this is common.  It is virtually impossible
PH> to do a one size fits all automation.)

PH> Basically you need a set of binaries, libraries, and etc files
PH> in the chroot space.  The exact location is usually a mirror of
PH> the  non-chrooted space.  (So yes, you need a copy of scp in
PH> /home/scponly/usr/local/bin if it was in /usr/local/bin when
PH> you ran the scponly config.  Plus others like sftp.)

PH> The scripts that build the jail are the best starting template.
PH> You just need to look closely at the scripts in the "build_extras"
PH> directory.

It's seems the script has worked fine. So I can see a user's
home directories populated with files.
But I do not know how to make the scponly will see some manually copied
executables, say "env"? Simple coping does not allow to run the
command. A WinSCP "console" window's output complains with a "command not
permitted by scponly" message.
%ls -l works fine at that time.

Is it possible to populate a jail manually?
How should I set a PATH for scponlyc?
How should I force it to show me the environment variables as the
"start point"?

PH> a person wrote:
>> wo> This is for compatibility with WinSCP.  Its not a problem if you desire WinSCP scp compatibility.
>>
>> While exploiting the WinSCP I connects to my server succesfully.
>> A chroot functionality works fine. I can create folders. But if I'm
>> trying to upload files I'm getting a message:
>> "Cannot execute SCP to start transfer. Please make sure that SCP is
>> installed on the server and path to it is included in PATH. You may
>> also try SFTP instead of SCP.
>> Command failed with return code 1."
>>
>> So which path should I define - /usr/local/bin or
>> /home/scponly/usr/local/bin?

Thanks in advance, Illia Baidakov.