[scponly] ssh server no longer scponly's

Heath Henderson hendersonh at unit5.org
Thu Feb 10 11:08:30 EST 2005

It actually works fine for local accounts.  As it should.  However, with
Users Authenticated via LDAP, it no longer works on this one server.

I can login from another server or from the LDAP server itself and get
an scponly shell (as I expect).

Heath Henderson
Assistant Technology Administrator
McLean County Unit 5 Schools
Normal, IL 61761

>>> "Paul Hyder" <Paul.Hyder at noaa.gov> 2/10/2005 9:45:25 AM >>>
This sounds like a jail configuration problem.  You sure the top
level password file has scponlyc as the shell?  How do you test to
see if there is a shell?  (An "ssh ls" could work as might a few
ssh commands depending on the exact set of compiled in options but
a login shouldn't be possible unless the top level password file
isn't locked down.)
     Paul Hyder
     NOAA Forecast Systems Lab