[scponly] Modify a User Account + List installed Modules

Sebastian Grösche Sebastian.Groesche at neo-partners.com
Mon Aug 22 08:26:06 EDT 2005

Hello everybody,

I have a few questions about using scponly. Actually we are running scponly on a SuSe 9.3 Server to use the chroot for a sftp-server and everything is working fine. But I don't know how to change a User-Account, I'm new in the Linux-World and please forgive me if it's the simplest command but please tell me how to change the User-Account (Password, Username, Directory ...).

The next Problem is that I got the task to configure rsync on the same server. I looked on the homepage of scponly and read that the use of scponly with rsync is possible but I hadn't found a tutorial or some instructions how to configure it (except the advice that rsync-compatibility is only possible when activating it while the compilation of scponly). Can I list the installed 'modules' of scponly with a command?

I hope that wasn't to much and my english is not that bad that nobody could understand it.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards
Sebastian Groesche