[scponly] scp failing in chrooted environment

Paul Hyder Paul.Hyder at noaa.gov
Thu Apr 14 11:47:47 EDT 2005

Sort of like programming languages, all you need is FORTRAN ;-)

Supporting users choices does add complexity.  Our cluster has
people with lots of existing large scripts that use scp, sftp,
and rsync and so we get to live with that complexity.  Choice is
a good thing.

BTW: What would make "scp $thefile user at host:incoming" more "risky"
than an equivalent sftp?
     Paul Hyder
     NOAA Forecast Systems Lab
     Boulder, CO