[scponly] scp failing in chrooted environment

Paul Hyder Paul.Hyder at noaa.gov
Mon Apr 11 14:55:14 EDT 2005

Which operating system and ssh?  (e.g. The OpenSSH scp calls getpwuid to
verify the UID and since it is run after the chroot it could be something
simple like your chrooted /etc/passwd is missing or unreadable; but the
passwd file isn't always the cause.  With OpenSSH it does mean the
getpwuid is returning NULL.)
      Paul Hyder
      NOAA Forecast Systems Lab
      Boulder, CO.