[scponly] Scponlyc and symlinks

Lupe Christoph lupe at lupe-christoph.de
Sun May 30 04:59:10 EDT 2004

On Saturday, 2004-05-29 at 14:50:34 +0200, Sven Hoexter wrote:
> On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 12:02:49PM -0700, Brent Wiese wrote:

> > I really want to avoid switching them to scponly w/o chroot. Is there a way
> > around this? And by that I don't mean "yeah, install a new large drive and
> > stick them on it" kind of workaround... ;)

> > Please respond to me off-list as my listserve email folder tends to get
> > quite large and I don't get to it frequently enough.
> Might be possible to do multiple mounts with the --bind option. That's
> possible with Linux 2.4.x and better. I don't know about other OS and such
> features.

It's at least possible in Solaris an FreeBSD. Mechanisms differ. For
Solaris, you use the lofs, loopback filesystem (man lofs). For FreeBSD,
you use the "null layer" (man mount_null).

HTH,
Lupe Christoph
--
| lupe at lupe-christoph.de       |           http://www.lupe-christoph.de/ |
| "... putting a mail server on the Internet without filtering is like   |