[scponly] Scponlyc and symlinks

Brent Wiese brently at bjwcs.com
Fri May 28 15:02:49 EDT 2004

This was one of those "D'Oh!" moments, but hoping maybe there is a
workaround.

I have a user running scponlyc shell.

Because of space problems on the partition they're on, I had to move their
web logs directory to another partition. No problem, I just symlinked the
dir so I wouldn't have to reconfigure their stats software, apache configs,
etc.

But, since that symlink goes outside the chroot'd dir, the user can't grab
his logs.

I really want to avoid switching them to scponly w/o chroot. Is there a way
around this? And by that I don't mean "yeah, install a new large drive and
stick them on it" kind of workaround... ;)

Please respond to me off-list as my listserve email folder tends to get
quite large and I don't get to it frequently enough.

Thanks!
Brent