[scponly] How to protect against "chmod 777 /" ?

Robert J Taylor robert at rjamestaylor.com
Tue Mar 2 15:03:30 EST 2004

Strange. I tried what you suggested and got the following:

psftp> chmod 777 /
set attrs for /: permission denied

I'm running scponlyc compiled on RH Enterprise Server 3.0 (using the RH9
  changes).

The chrooted dir for user sftp is setup thusly:

	drwxr-xr-x    3 sftp  users        4096 Mar  2 03:58 public_html

User sftp is in group "users":
	[root at sftp1 root]# groups sftp
	sftp : users

Not sure what happened on your end...