[scponly] scponlyc umask

David Ramsden david at hexstream.eu.org
Sun Jun 20 20:42:31 EDT 2004

On Sat, Jun 19, 2004 at 05:05:39PM +1200, Stephen Ward wrote:
> Where does the umask get set for this shell?  I need to change it and
> have tried looking through the souce etc but can't find it.  Please let
> me know how I can change this.

[snip]

Hi Stephen,

The umask shouldn't even come in to the equation with scponly.
The umask is used by open(2) to set the file permissions for newly
created files - Users can't create new files via scponly. If they can
there is something very wrong somewhere!

When sending a local file to a remote machine SSH transmits the local
file permissions to the remote machine so the file that's being sent has
identical permissions.

If this doesn't fully answer your question perhaps you could explain
some more what's going on in your setup?

Regards,
David.
--
 .''`.     David Ramsden <david at hexstream.eu.org>