AW: [Maybe Spam][L] [scponly] scponly chroot jail on Solaris 8 (Intel)

Anthony Brock Anthony_Brock at ous.edu
Mon Jul 12 16:42:49 EDT 2004

Just a thought, but you'll likely need to add '/usr/lib/security' to your chroot. There are several libraries that can be loaded dynamically based on configuration files (such as /etc/nsswitch.conf), of which this is a single example.

Good luck. It can take quite a while to configure a properly functioning Solaris (or Linux) chroot. However, once finished, I've found them to be quite stable and usable.

Tony

>>> Lammel Roland <roland.lammel at kapsch.net> 07/11/04 10:56PM >>>
Maybe as a starting point here's what i have in the chroot jail for scponlyc
(this is Solaris 8 Sparc, so there might be some differences)

Cheers

+rl

# find /home/jail
/home/jail
/home/jail/usr
/home/jail/usr/bin
/home/jail/usr/sbin
/home/jail/usr/local
/home/jail/usr/local/lib
/home/jail/usr/local/bin
/home/jail/usr/local/bin/scp
/home/jail/usr/local/libexec
/home/jail/usr/local/libexec/sftp-server
/home/jail/usr/lib
/home/jail/usr/lib/libc.so.1
/home/jail/usr/lib/libdl.so.1
/home/jail/usr/lib/libgen.so.1
/home/jail/usr/lib/libmp.so.2
/home/jail/usr/lib/libnsl.so.1
/home/jail/usr/lib/libpam.so.1
/home/jail/usr/lib/libsocket.so.1
/home/jail/usr/lib/ld.so
/home/jail/usr/lib/ld.so.1
/home/jail/usr/lib/nss_compat.so.1
/home/jail/usr/lib/nss_files.so.1
/home/jail/usr/libexec
/home/jail/usr/libexec/openssh
/home/jail/usr/ucb
/home/jail/usr/ucb/ls
/home/jail/usr/ucb/ln
/home/jail/usr/ucb/chown
/home/jail/usr/platform
/home/jail/usr/platform/SUNW,Ultra-4
/home/jail/usr/platform/SUNW,Ultra-4/lib
/home/jail/usr/platform/SUNW,Ultra-4/lib/libc_psr.so.1
/home/jail/lib
/home/jail/lib/ld.so
/home/jail/bin
/home/jail/bin/rm