[scponly] scponly bug with '+' in filenames

wby oblyr joe at sublimation.org
Fri Feb 20 11:09:32 EST 2004

limiting the character input was implemented to prevent users from piggybacking shell special
characters along with the shell invocation command.  things like semicolins and ampersands, all of which
can be in a filename.  the problem is when the shell (or a system() call) interprets the character
first.

it isnt strictly required anymore (i dont think).  i'll do an audit of the relevant areas and perhaps as
a ./configure directive to not limit the input characters.

more later,
joe

Thomas Wana wrote this message on Fri, Feb 20, 2004