[scponly] SuSE 9.0

Ralf Durkee rd at rd1.net
Tue Feb 10 21:18:53 EST 2004

At 05:29 PM 2/10/2004 -0800, Ivan Cohen wrote:

>--- Ralf Durkee <rd at rd1.net> wrote:
> > At 01:28 PM 2/10/2004 -0800, Ivan Cohen wrote:
> > >Hi,
> > >
> > >I tried to install scponly with chroot on SuSE 9.0,
> > >and had problems with 'make jail'.
> > >
> > >First steps (1-6) work ok (just had to install gcc
> > and
> > >make which weren't installed by default on my
> > setup).
> > >(more significant (?) step 4: I had to manually
> > >install scponlyc)
> > >
> > >Step 7 'make jail' failed with message
> > >'./setup_shroot.sh this script requires the program
> > >adduser or pw to add your chrooted scponly user.'
> > >useradd is there though... ('useradd --help' gives
> > >appropriate message)
> > >
> > >Any clue?
> > >
> > >Thanks
> >
> > If don't run the configure script as root, or with
> > the correct PATH, then
> > it may not find useradd in the PATH.
>
>Thanks
>I thaught about that explanation. However, 'whoami'
>says 'root' ('id -u' says '0') and 'which useradd'
>says '/usr/sbin/useradd'.
>More clues?
>
> > -- Ralf Durkee, GSEC, GCIH
> > Information Security Consultant
> > http://rd1.net

I can't think of any explanation other than useradd was not in your path
the first time you ran configure. Take a look at the config.log. For that
matter the setup_shroot.sh is not complicated, edit it if you need to.  You
can also override a path for useradd with
PROG_USERADD="/fubar/useradd" ./configure