[scponly] chroot question

Philipp Kunert afdxnews at gmx.net
Wed Sep 10 23:21:40 EDT 2003

Sorry for me too being as blind as it looks like..
I just can´t find the supported OS-Versions in the provided readme or
man scponly, the installaton worked properly though I´m quite new to
Linux. Where can I find the additional Documentation?

I´m using the Suse 8.2 distribution, added a new user, set the default
shell to "/usr/local/sbin/scponlyc" and invoked "make jail" as
recommended. I did that before installing scponly, hope that doesn´t matter.

"make jail" results in an error message "this script requires the
program useradd or pw to add your chrooted scponly user". I guess, the
script has got problems to find the right path for useradd and it seems
that i have to adjust that... Am I right? Or is it invoked together with
make jail? I´d be glad to get some hints.