[scponly] MD5 and RPMs on RPMFIND.NET

Frank Sfalanga frank at swflug.org
Mon Oct 27 09:34:49 EST 2003

I read about scponly in LinuxFormat Mag this month - just in time!  I
have a 23 year old kid 3 states away who needs to do web work on my
server.  He programs in 13 languages (clearly he's smarter than me).
Now he uses scponlyc - and I can sleep at night.

I downloaded the source and compiled for the install - worked great!

I wanted to download the RPMs from RPMFIND.NET but the MD5SUMs didn't
match - so I didn't.  Who is responsible for these binaries?  Can we let
them know?  Since GNU.ORGs FTP server was compromised a few months back
I'm very hesitant to install when the sums don't match.

- Frank