[scponly] Chroot + Redhat 9

Sven Hoexter sven at timegate.de
Wed Oct 15 22:18:19 EDT 2003

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 04:07:35PM -0500, Aaron Axelsen wrote:

Hi,

> I am looking into SCPonly to perform a chrooted enviroment.  Some users
> will still be allowed shell access, but some will be denied shell access
> but still permitting to use sftp.
Users with shell access can not use scponly so the chrooting stuff is out of
the scope of scponly. You've to search for another solution there. AFAIK
there are several openssh-chroot patches floating around. Ask google.

>  Is this all configurable under winscp?
That's all server side stuff. Should be configurable but it's some work
to do.

> Also, does any build and maintain redhat rpms for scponly?
I've a srpm [1] wich should build on nearly all systems. The rpm [2] file is
build on RH 7.3. Be aware I only provide the scponly binary (the one without
chroot support).

HTH
Sven

[1] http://wrack.telelev.net/redhat/7.3/SRPMS.main/scponly-3.8-hx0.src.rpm