[scponly] RED HAT 9.0 problem

juha keke salmjuh at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 9 07:27:51 EDT 2003

Hi all

This is great program with nice features. But I cant get it work on my RH
9.0.

Yes, I used konrad-scponly-3.8-stuff-v2.tar packet and did everything what
readme.txt tould me to do. But still I cant get it work.

setup_chroot.sh.RH9 script gives me few errors like  "cannot install XXXXX
plah plah". This was because there was no directories in chroot. I solved
this by copying manually files to right places. It gives me no more errors.

Okkei, everything is great so far.

I start my client winSCP3 and log in. Yes, its work. Chroot jail seems to
work and I can see and change directories as I should. BUT when I try to scp
some files to public_ftp  directory (or any where else) clients hang up and
give an error. Here is part of the winSCp's log file:

>pwd ; echo "WinSCP: this is end-of-file:$status"
< /public_ftp
< WinSCP: this is end-of-file:0
. Listing current directory.
>ls -la ; echo "WinSCP: this is end-of-file:$status"
< total 8
< drwxr-xr-x    2 user     users        4096 Oct  9 13:42 .
< drwxr-xr-x    7 root     root         4096 Oct  9 13:42 ..
< WinSCP: this is end-of-file:0
. Startup conversation with host finished.
. Copying 1 files/directories to remote directory "/public_ftp/"
.   PrTime: Yes; PrRO: Yes; Rght: rw-r--r--; PrR: Yes; FnCs: N; RIC: Yes;
Resume: S (10240)
.   TM: M; AscM: *.*htm*; *.txt; *.php*; *.cgi; *.c; *.cpp; *.h; *.pas;
*.bas; *.tex
>echo "WinSCP: this is begin-of-file" ; scp -r -p -d -t "/public_ftp" ; echo
>"WinSCP: this is end-of-file:$status"
< WinSCP: this is begin-of-file
! /usr/bin/scp: error while loading shared libraries: libkrb5.so.3: cannot
< inSCP: this is end-of-file:127
. Waiting for data timed out, asking user what to do.
. Asking user:
. Host hasn't answered for 15 seconds.
.
. Wait for another 15 seconds? Pressing 'Abort' button will close session.
()
. Attempt to close connection due to fatal exception:
* Terminated by user.
. Closing connection.
* (EExternalException) External exception C0000029

ALERT:

! /usr/bin/scp: error while loading shared libraries: libkrb5.so.3: cannot

This seems to be the problem !!?? I double chekit that this file is in that
directory. In fact those two directories seems to identical (/usr/bin/scp
and /home/SCPUSER/usr/bin/scp

So gurus can you please help me out ?

Thanks advance

Juha