[scponly] Re: redhat 9 problem

Johan Heikkilä johanheikkila at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 2 23:53:10 EDT 2003

>From: "Dan Gapinski" <dangapinski at qsi-r2.com>
>To: "Mike Cronnelly" <mike at clockltd.com>,        Johan Heikkilä
><johanheikkila at hotmail.com>

>I am too - no problems with scponlyc. Perhaps a recompile to make the
>chrooted executable will work a lot better?
>Dan Gapinski

Hello guys,

I have recompiled several times. I get following error in /log/secure:

...: failed WinSCP compatibility mode [username:xxx(503), IP/port:
xxx.xxx.x.x 4014 22]

This happens every time when scponlyc shell is enabled for that user and the
user tries to copy something. Also WinSCP reports error 127 and disconnects.
Just connecting and browsing in directories is fine.

(Or I have made some stupid error when installing...)

Johan