[scponly] Scponly - chroot

Lupe Christoph lupe at lupe-christoph.de
Mon May 26 23:34:52 EDT 2003

On Monday, 2003-05-26 at 14:45:31 -0400, Jeff MacDonald wrote:
> Oddly enough, I have a man page for scponly, but not scponlyc.

If you look closely, you'll find scponlyc described in that manpage as
well.

> Anyway, I set the shell for a test user to scponlyc, and when I try
> to login with WinSCP2 I barfs about not being able to get group listings
> and some other stuff.

IIRC somebody on this list reported problems with WinSCP and groups
under RedHat. My fuzzy memory tell me the command "groups" is a shell
script, and your chroot environment does not have a shell. I believe
WinSCP (never used that myself) has a switch that lets it skip this
groups command.

Hope this is useful.

> I assume that means to use scponlyc, I have to use jail ?

Nope. You maybe you should not assume we do telepathy. For instance, you
could divulge your platform. We now know the client is WinSCP, but we
still don't know what that server is running. RedHat is a guess fed by
my faulty memory.

Lupe Christoph
--
| lupe at lupe-christoph.de       |           http://www.lupe-christoph.de/ |
| "Violence is the resort of the violent" Lu Tze                         |