[scponly] Scponly - chroot

Lupe Christoph lupe at lupe-christoph.de
Mon May 26 19:38:08 EDT 2003

On Monday, 2003-05-26 at 12:18:33 -0400, Jeff MacDonald wrote:

> About chrooting scponly. Why do I need to setup a jail.

scponly does not support FreeBSD jails.

> Why can't I just use normal chroot ?

Depends on what you mean with that. scponly uses the normal chroot()
system call. If you mean the chroot *command*, that only works for root.
You need a SUID executable that calls chroot(). See above...

Apart from that, scponlyc does a few nice things chroot (the command)
does not do. Read the manpage.

HTH,
Lupe Christoph
--
| lupe at lupe-christoph.de       |           http://www.lupe-christoph.de/ |
| "Violence is the resort of the violent" Lu Tze                         |