[scponly] rsync and bwlimit

wbr oblyr joe at sublimation.org
Thu May 22 10:07:08 EDT 2003

thomas,

if i understand correctly, bwlimit is bandwidth limiting - what exactly do
you mean by doesnt work?  Does rsync reject the option completely as
invalid or does the bandwidth consumption exceed the limit you specified?

i'm confident that in either case, scponly does not play a part.  i think
this because scponly just checks arguments for sneaky stuff, and if there
is nothing sneaky found, the request program (rsync) actually replaces
scponly in memory (this is execve() in C).  in other words, scponly isnt
hanging around to monitor anything after it gets started (unless you're
using WinSCP compatibility, but I dont think you are.)

have you tested that bwlimit works when you use rsync over a regular
shell?

joe

----

PGP KEY: http://www.sublimation.org/contact.html
PGP Key fingerprint = EC4B 0DA5 B4F6 BDDD 9176 55D6 3A6A 7D63 158F 22D2