[scponly] Let users change their passwords?

Sven Hoexter sven at telelev.net
Mon Jan 6 20:26:40 EST 2003

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 12:16:14PM +0100, Thomas Quaritsch wrote:

Hi,

> I have now found a solution that fits for me:
> Running poppassd on the server (http://netwinsite.com/poppassd/)
> and let users change their passwords through a webfrontend that
> communicates with the poppass daemon (which does the real password
> change) - there is also a plugin for squirrelmail that uses this
> solution.
I hope for you and your users that you make it accessible in a
secure way (https ...) ah and for a real world usage I would think
about some brute force protections (I have not checked if such a
protection is provided) but that is not a scponly topic anyway.

Sven
--
sig wurde betriebsbedingt gekuendigt
Apt-rpm packages for RedHat: