[scponly] Let users change their passwords?

Sven Hoexter sven at telelev.net
Sat Jan 4 12:19:05 EST 2003

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 08:09:00PM +0100, Thomas Quaritsch wrote:

Hi,

> I have set up scponly so that users can only do scp/sftp and don't
> have shell access - this works. Thanks for the great program.
>
> But how do you guys out there let your users change their system
> passwords now? They can't login and use the passwd command.
I have no ready to run solution for you cause this is not a problem for
me based on the way for what I use scponly.

> Any hints?
A webfrontend comes to my mind with a database as a backend and
script that runs via cron to apply the changes to the system.
Or something more flexible like a pam based authentication with
a database as the backend.

HTH,
Sven
--