[scponly] odd characters in filenames

Dan Gapinski dangapinski at qsi-r2.com
Wed Dec 3 11:52:14 EST 2003

Hello,

I am not sure if I am in the right place for this question, but at my place we use $ and ² (the square-root-of-2) characters in our filenames. It seems to be a UNIX idiosyncracy that these chars need to be escaped with a / in order for them to take - for example: T/$filename. I think that SCPonly might be causing problems where in my shell (via a WinSCP client), users cannot rename these files, copy them back, or delete them. Using bash seems to work fine, according to the writer of WinSCP.

Anyway, is there anything that can be done about this? Source mod?
Thanks,