[scponly] scponly-3.9 prerelease available

David Ramsden david at hexstream.eu.org
Mon Dec 1 19:29:30 EST 2003

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 10:49:23AM -0800, wby oblyr wrote:

> hello all,
>
> i have a build of scponly-3.9 i wanted to ask someone/anyone to do an
> initial vetting of before i throw it on the webpage.

I don't currently "make install" scponly. Instead I just do a "make" and
then move the binaries to where I want them, which is how I've done it
since version 3.7 IIRC - So I can't make any comments on the "make
install" process but everything compiled fine on my Debian 3.0r1 system
(not upgraded to r2 yet).

> this addresses everything discussed in prior emails about 3.9 (see
> CHANGELOG for details), except perhaps the problems some people were
> experiencing with the /chroot_dir//chdir/ configuration, which i wasnt
> able to reproduce.

I'm finding now with the said version of 3.9 that chdir is working as it
should - No problems.
So it was either something I'd done wrong originally or a change to the
source has cured it.

I think it was Matthew Glover who was reporting the same problem as
myself so it'll be interesting to see if he still has this problem or if
3.9 has fixed it.

Out of interest, I'm not really a compile from source person :) So if I
wanted scponly and scponlyc to be installed in to /bin and /sbin etc.
it's perfectly OK to do "./configure --prefix=''"?
The only problem is it installs the man page in /man, IIRC but I can
manually move the man file to the correct location and all will be fine?

Sorry for making this slightly OT.

Good work!
Best regards,
David.