[scponly] scponly 3.1

joe joe at sublimation.org
Thu Sep 12 15:12:25 EDT 2002

you're right - allowing rsync and other eclectic stuff isnt an acceptable
default.

i am not particularly attracted to the runtime configuration possibility,
however.  I would argue that runtime config was not paranoid enough.  the
support for rsync, cvs, unison, etc - should be a compile time
configuration parameter.  the administrator is going to know well in
advance what programs remote users will need to access - no?

things are rsync, cvs - anything but scp and sftp are by default not
included in the set of allowable binaries scponly will run.  if you are
REALLY paranoid and you prefer sftp-server to scp, you can even disable
scp support (or vice-versa).

thoughts?
joe

----

PGP KEY: http://www.sublimation.org/contact.html
PGP Key fingerprint = EC4B 0DA5 B4F6 BDDD 9176 55D6 3A6A 7D63 158F 22D2