[scponly] scponly 3.1

joe joe at sublimation.org
Wed Sep 11 11:27:45 EDT 2002

Although I still consider the 3.x releases of scponly to be beta releases,
I have made a quick package of scponly-3.1 containing the following:

	- rsync support.  i added a configure script option that allows
someone to include "rsync" in the list of acceptable scponly commands.
the default is not to do this.  i will probably add cvs too, as it also
allows a ssh tunnel for transfers.

	- a hack to the configure script that adds a workaround for
/bin/sh interpreters that are not really the bourne shell.  a couple
people complained that configure could not find their /bin/ls,
/bin/whatever binaries.  the following workaround got them through this:

export PATH=$PATH:/bin
./configure

by added the first element of PATH to the end of PATH, somehow the
configure script worked again.  again, this is for people whose /bin/sh is
linked to some other interpreter.  (the box in question was redhat 7.3, i
believe, and sh was linked to bash.  naughty.)

in any case, i did add essentially the above workaround to the configure
script to reduce the number of "bug" reports.

available in the usual place:
http://www.sublimation.org/scponly

joe

----

PGP KEY: http://www.sublimation.org/contact.html
PGP Key fingerprint = EC4B 0DA5 B4F6 BDDD 9176 55D6 3A6A 7D63 158F 22D2