[scponly] rsync-compat configure bug

Martin Werthmoeller martinw at cynapsis.de
Wed Oct 30 10:20:04 EST 2002

Hy,

I think there's a bug in scponly when configure with
"--enable-rsync-compat":

    prometheus:scponly-3.3$ ./configure  --enable-rsync-compat
    configure: creating ./config.status
    config.status: creating Makefile
    config.status: creating setup_chroot.sh
    config.status: creating config.h
    prometheus:scponly-3.3$ make
    gcc -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
    -DDEBUGFILE='"/usr/local/etc/scponly/debuglevel"' -o scponly scponly.c
    helper.c
    scponly.c:50: PROG_RSYNC' undeclared here (not in a function)
    scponly.c:50: initializer element is not constant
    scponly.c:50: (near initialization for commands[14].name')

The configure scripts will not write the line:

     #define RSYNC_COMPAT 1

into config.h.

It seems, it is a common problem. I've verified this on Linux and FreeBSD.

Greetings,
Martin Werthmoeller