[scponly] Freebsd 4.7 + chroot + winscp

Sven Hoexter sven at telelev.net
Thu Dec 5 15:18:05 EST 2002

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 08:54:52AM +0100, Pascal Filipovicz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to use scponly on a Freebsd box with chrooted environment (the client will use Winscp 2.0).
> It works without the chroot : the client can list, copy and delete files or directories.
> But when i'm using scponlyc, i can only list the directory.
>
> That's my configuration :
>
> FreeBSD : version 4.7
>
> Scponly : version 3.4
> 	./configure --enable-chrooted-binary
>
> /etc/shells:
> 	/usr/local/bin/scponly
> 	/usr/local/sbin/scponlyc
>
> /etc/passwd :
> 	ftpuser1:*:1005:21::0:0:User Test Ftp 1:/usr/local/www/intranetFtp:/usr/local/sbin/scponlyc

>  I forgot perhaps something, but i don't know what. Can you help me ?
Still hard to say. Take a look into the sshd looks. Maybe you have to
addjust your syslog a little bit so that everything gets logged (I don't
know the *BSD defaults).

*.* /var/log/allmessages
in /etc/syslog.conf should work and produce a complete logfile.

I guess that there is something wrong with ssh so you should look at the sshd
logs first.

Ah everything wild guess[tm] ;)

Sven
--