[scponly] Connection closed

Sven Hoexter sven at telelev.net
Wed Dec 4 19:50:39 EST 2002

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 10:49:35PM +0100, Pierre-Philipp Braun wrote:
> Hi all,
Hi Pierre,

> Oh, and 'make jail' didn't worked here since this box is running NetBSD.
Hm have you set up the chroot enviroment by hand?
Ah and with which error did you end?

> here's what i get when i try to connect to the sftp-server when
> /usr/local/sbin/scponlyc is the shell:
>
> % sftp data at 127.0.0.1
> Connecting to 127.0.0.1...
> data at 127.0.0.1's password:
> Connection closed
> %
>
> Any advice would be appreciated.
I guess that there is something missing in your chroot. Take a look in the
logs sshd should tell you what's going wrong.

> Did i missed something obvious? I didn't really understood the chroot
> thing at the beginning of the INSTALL file.
Well you've to set up a complete virtual system resisting in a directory
in your normal enviroment. Normaly you only put really really needed files
in a chroot enviroment so that it's really hard for a intruder to get his
malware running or cause anything else that is harmful.
Try google on how to set up a chroot enviroment.

HTH
Sven

BTW: Has somebody heard something from Joe in the last weeks?

--
sig wurde betriebsbedingt gekuendigt
Apt-rpm packages for RedHat: