[PRL] knocked out

Vitek, Jan j.vitek at neu.edu
Tue Nov 11 21:30:57 EST 2014

Dear Matthias,

Please take care!

(In the category of things that won't make you feel better but may amuse you.  My colleague, Jens Palsberg, got shot in the hand while biking in West Lafayette.  This was 18 years ago when Indiana was not as welcoming.  Cow-tipping was going out of favor (mostly due to a lack of cows), a new past time developed: shooting at cyclists with BB guns from speeding cars.  Jens was the cyclist.)