[PRL] HTDP @ Macquarie Uni.

Paul A. Steckler steck at stecksoft.com
Wed Oct 22 22:43:09 EDT 2014

>From my inbox ... the Macquarie Uni. PL group is studying HTDP.

-- Paul

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Matthew <matthew.roberts at mq.edu.au>
Date: Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 7:36 PM
Subject: How to Design Programs in PLRG this week
To: sci.plrg-reading at mq.edu.au

The programming languages reading group at Macquarie Computing meets
on (most) Fridays from 4pm in E6A357.  All welcome.  The reading group
home page is at:

https://wiki.mq.edu.au/display/plrg/Reading+Group

Our current topic is:

     How to Design Programs

Over the next few weeks we will read "How to Design Programs" by
Felleisen et. al.  This book is both accessible to undergraduates and
enlightening to experienced programmers.  You might think of it like a
modern take on "Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs".
In uses a dialect of Scheme which is also used in PLT-Redex.

This week we will concentrate on Chapters 2 and 3; Arbitrarily Large
Data, and Abstraction.  Matt will prepare material which highlights
the most interesting aspects for those who can't cover all the reading
(it's quite a lot).

We hope to see you there.

Tony, Matt and Dom