[PRL] Fwd: [MIT-PL] Fwd: Call for 2014 summer internship at IBM

Mitchell Wand wand at ccs.neu.edu
Sat Feb 8 15:23:42 EST 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Armando Solar-Lezama <asolar at csail.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 11:56 AM
Subject: [MIT-PL] Fwd: Call for 2014 summer internship at IBM
To: pl at lists.csail.mit.edu

-------- Original Message --------  Subject: Call for 2014 summer
internship at IBM  Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 10:58:35 -0500  From: Sunil K
Shukla <skshukla at us.ibm.com> <skshukla at us.ibm.com>  To:

Dear Professor,

I am the 2014 internship coordinator for the Software Technology Department
at IBM T.J. Watson Research Center in NY, USA. We are looking for top
students interested in all areas of programming languages and software
engineering, including:
- Programming models and their implementation for concurrency,
distribution, cloud, and heterogeneous systems (FGPA, GPU, etc.)
- Tools and techniques for software security, quality, and performance
- Metrics driven approaches to software development
- Collaborative and social issues in software development
- Flexible modeling
- Human-computer interaction and usability of software engineering tools
- Data centric computing, NoSQL data store and Big Data related topics.
- Advanced middleware services for hybrid systems
- Performances modeling and optimization
- Cloud computing
- Distributed systems and resource management

Our summer internship program provides students with a unique opportunity
to experience the research environment here at IBM. The program is highly
competitive, and is designed for top students who are interested in
tackling challenging research problems. Many of our student interns have
filed patents, authored papers, or even theses, out of their sojourn with
us; have contributed to open source projects; and/or have contributed to
IBM products.

The Software Technology Department performs leading research in a number of
areas, all centered on making software development and deployment more
efficient and effective while improving productivity of the organizations
and quality of the resulting software. More information on our department
and internship program is available here:
http://researcher.ibm.com/researcher/view_project.php?id=1811.
More information on jobs at IBM may be found at:
http://www.research.ibm.com/about/career.shtml.

I have attached a pdf flier for distribution among your students. If you
have any questions, please contact me by email at skshukla at us.ibm.com.

Thank You,
Sunil Shukla
http://researcher.watson.ibm.com/researcher/view.php?person=us-skshukla

*(See attached file: IBM_RESEARCH_PLSE_Intern_Letter2014.pdf)*