[PRL] Fwd: ICFP Workshop on Functional Programming Concepts in Domain Specific Languages

dvanhorn at ccs.neu.edu dvanhorn at ccs.neu.edu
Tue Sep 17 18:29:31 EDT 2013

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: ICFP Workshop on Functional Programming Concepts in Domain Specific Languages
From: Richard Lazarus <rlazarus at bbn.com>
To: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <samth at ccs.neu.edu>,dvanhorn at ccs.neu.edu
CC: Assaf Kfoury <kfoury at cs.bu.edu>

Dear Dr. Van Horn and Dr. Tobin-Hochstadt,

I would appreciate your help in making as many of your colleagues and
students at Northeastern and in the Boston area aware of our workshop on
on Functional Programming Concepts in Domain Specific Languages
(FPCDSL). It will be held on Sunday, 22-Sept as part of ICFP 2013 here
in Boston next week. Could you forward this message so that they are
aware of our FPCDSL workshop?

Attached is our Call for Participation and below is our objective statement.

More information can be found at our FPCDSL web site:
http://quantum.bbn.com/FPCDSL/

Sincerely,
Richard Lazarus and Assaf Kfoury, Chairs

---

Programming abstractions are currently being defined and developed for a
variety of new application domains, including quantum computing,
biologically-inspired computing, distributed systems and networking,
systems and software with security and privacy guarantees, and cloud
computing, among others. Well-understood characteristics and features of
functional programming languages, including both abstractions and static
analysis techniques, comprise a rich set of tools and conventions for
constructing DSLs that provide powerful, flexible, and formally
manageable abstractions that can be applied to certain application
domains. This workshop seeks to bring together developers and users of
DSLs who are already exploring, or are interested in exploring, which
features of functional programming languages can be utilized in their
application domains, as well as how the inherent properties of their
application domains affect how such features can be realized in practice.

--
Richard Lazarus
Quantum Information Processing Group