[PRL] Sasa job position

David Van Horn dvanhorn at ccs.neu.edu
Tue May 22 15:06:12 EDT 2012

A good friend of mine is doing some really interesting work developing
phone-based commerce in Africa.  She's based in Cambridge and looking to
hire someone to work on the development of the platform.  It's a (very)
small group of interesting people doing exciting stuff.  If you know
anyone who's a good fit, please pass this along.

;;

At the MIT100K last week our MIT spin-off, called Sasa, was
awarded the Founder's Skills Accelerator by the MIT
Trust/Entrepreneurship Center. This in combination with our
support from the Microsoft BizSpark program makes this summer a
very exciting time for us, as we plan to further develop and
publicly launch our e-commerce platform in October at Nairobi's
DEMO Africa event. Sasa has been invited as 1 of 15 teams to
participate in this highly anticipated event sponsored by
Microsoft, Nokia, IDG, DEMO, Lions at frica, & the World Economic
Forum.

The Founders Skills Accelerator accepted 10 teams to participate
in the Startup Accelerator that will have access to space,
mentorship, and resources and be part of what is essentially an
extremely valuable start up boot camp experience.

We are seeking 2 E-commerce Developers
$2500/mo + travel to Kenya (if desired or required)

The Sasa team is looking to expand! This MIT spin-off is a
start-up is based in Kenya and Cambridge, MA. We are seeking
independent thinking developers to help integrate our
patent-pending mobile technology with our e-commerce site. Mobile
phones are very pervasive in developing economies around the
world, we are providing the first wide-spread mobile-to-web
e-commerce platform, connecting micro-manufacturers in emerging
economies to the global marketplace.

REQUIRED SKILLS:
  *   Experience with Python, PHP, MySQL, Django
  *   Self-driven, desire to solve complex problems, great with time
      management, and acute attention to detail is a must

  PREFERRED SKILLS:
  *   Knowledge of e-commerce order fulfillment & payment flow and
      security
  *   Knowledge of telecom systems & mobile device platforms such as
      Microsoft & Android OS a plus
  *   Experience with social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter
  *   Prior work with web design (CSS, HTML5, Wordpress templates) or
      with design programs (CSS) would be a bonus

The position will be held on the MIT campus in our offices at the
Trust Center for Entrepreneurship, however, there is the
potential to travel to Kenya for a few weeks toward the middle of
summer, as well as participate in the Nairobi DEMO Africa event.

If interested, please contact gwen at sasaafrica.com