[PRL] torture chamber tomorrow, at 3pm

Paul Stansifer pauls at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Mar 21 18:29:14 EDT 2011

I'll be holding a torture chamber tomorrow at 3pm for my talk at LDTA.
 You may have already seen this one, but I've made some changes to the
talk, and would like to test them out.

Title: Parsing reflective grammars
Abstract:
Existing technology can parse arbitrary context-free grammars, but
only a single, static grammar per input.  In order to support macro
systems that can locally introduce arbitrary new syntax (as opposed to
syntax constrained to S-expressions), we propose reflective grammars,
which can add new rules to their grammars during parsing.  We
demonstrate an algorithm for parsing reflective grammars. The
algorithm is based on Earley's algorithm, and we prove that it
performs asymptotically no worse than Earley's algorithm on ordinary
context-free grammars.