[PRL] Bob Harper's new blog

Mitchell Wand wand at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Mar 16 13:35:30 EDT 2011

Bob Harper writes:

This semester Dan Licata and I are co-teaching a new
course<http://www.cs.cmu.edu/%7E15150>on functional programming for
first-year prospective CS majors.  This course
> is part of the new introductory CS curriculum at CMU, which includes a new
> course <http://www.cs.cmu.edu/%7Efp/courses/15122-f10/>on imperative
> programming created by Frank Pfenning, and a planned new course on data
> structures and algorithms, which will be introduced by Guy Blelloch this
> fall.

and he has started a blog in which he's sharing his thoughts on  some of the
subtleties involved.  The first few posts have been interesting.   It will
be more interesting see where he goes with this.

--Mitch

Link:
http://existentialtype.wordpress.com/2011/03/15/teaching-fp-to-freshmen/(via
shareaholic.com)