[PRL] ACM Computing Survey: Control-flow Analysis of Functional Programs

David Van Horn dvanhorn at ccs.neu.edu
Fri Feb 4 10:41:20 EST 2011

I just noticed that Jan Midtgaard's excellent survey on CFA has been
accepted by ACM Computing Surveys and is now "forthcoming".  It's been a
valuable resource to me and others; I recommend it to anyone interested
in the literature on CFA.

David

http://www.brics.dk/~jmi/Midtgaard%3aCSur10.html

Control-flow Analysis of Functional Programs
Jan Midtgaard, ACM Computing Surveys, 2010, forthcoming

Abstract

We present a survey of control-flow analysis of functional programs,
which has been the subject of extensive investigation throughout the
past 30 years. Analyses of the control flow of functional programs have
been formulated in multiple settings and have led to many different
approximations, starting with the seminal works of Jones, Shivers, and
Sestoft. In this paper, we survey control-flow analysis of functional
programs by structuring the multitude of formulations and approximations
and comparing them.