[PRL] The Land of the Free and "The Elements of Style": How False Claims about English Grammar Do Actual Harm

David Herman dherman at ccs.neu.edu
Tue Apr 20 12:10:15 EDT 2010

I heartily recommend this to anyone who has even a passing interest in linguistics. Geoffrey Pullum is an absolute delight to listen to/read, is a main author of one of the most entertaining and informative blogs around (Language Log), and is on a serious mission to disabuse Americans of our addiction to Strunk and White. He's been stuck in Boston since the eruption of Ejyafjallajökull-- grab your chance while he's a prisoner in your town!

Dave