[PRL] Torture Chamber: Friday 08/27 13:00 @ 366

Christos Dimoulas chrdimo at ccs.neu.edu
Thu Aug 27 14:29:59 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I am giving a practice talk for my PPDP paper (abstract bellow) on
Friday at 13:00 at 366.

I would appreciate it if you could attend the talk and give me your
feedback and comments.

Thank you.

.Christos

The higher-order aggregate problem

(with Riccardo Pucella and Matthias Felleisen)

Many recent research projects focus on language support for behavioral
software contracts, that is, assertions that govern the boundaries
between software building blocks such as procedures, classes, or
modules. Contracts primarily help locate bugs in programs, but they also
  tend to affect the performance of the program, especially as they
become complex.
In this paper, we introduce future contracts and parallel contract
checking: software contracts annotated with future are checked in
parallel with the main program, exploiting the nowcommon multiple-core
architecture.We present both a model and a prototype implementation of
our language design. Our model comprises a higher-order imperative
language and we use it to prove the correctness of our design. Our
implementation is robust enough to measure the performance of reasonably
large benchmarks, demonstrating that the use of future contracts can
lead to significant performance improvements.