[PRL] note about @neu.edu email address migration

Felix S Klock II pnkfelix at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Aug 10 15:45:30 EDT 2009

PRL members-

I just got a note from Bob Weir with the subject line: "Important
Change to your Northeastern-provided email service" that discusses the
imminent replacement of Northeastern's email service with a Googe
hosted email service.

Here are the two most important things I saw for the PRL community at
large:

   1. From Bob Weir's e-mail: "any email forwarding address that you
      established in the myNEU email system will not be transferred
      and must be recreated."

   2. From the G-Apps migration timeline website: "October 1st: All
      students that have not migrated voluntarily will be automatically
      migrated to the new service."

We've had problems in the past where members of the CCIS community
(namely PhD students acting as Instructors of Record) relied solely on
their CCIS e-mail address and missed important OSCCR-related
notifications because those members did not have mail forwarding set
up from their @neu.edu account to their @ccs.neu.edu account.

So if you have relied on mail forwarding in the past to track the
content of your @neu.edu inbox, make sure you reestablish your mail
forwarding under thew new system by October 1st.

Cheers,

-Felix