[PRL] PL Day 2009

Riccardo Pucella riccardo at ccs.neu.edu
Sat Mar 7 19:59:30 EST 2009

The tenth annual Programming Languages Day will be held at the IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center on Thursday, May 7, 2009. The day will be held in cooperation with the New Jersey and New England Programming Languages and Systems Seminars. The main goal of the event is to increase awareness of each other's work, and to encourage interaction and collaboration between industry and academia.

This year, the Programming Languages Day will be organized around the theme of "From Theory to Practice" and will feature two keynote presentations: an academic presentation by Dr. Andrew Myers of Cornell University, and an industrial Presentation by Dr. Dino Oliva of Bloomberg LP. In addition, we plan to have approximately 8 regular presentations of 25 minutes each.

If you would like to present your work, please send a title and abstract to bordaw at us.ibm.com by April 3, 2009. We encourage presentations around the PL Day theme. Tutorials or joint presentations are welcomed. We also solicit input on topics or particular presentations that would be of interest to attendees.

Abstracts will be selected by a committee consisting of Rajesh Bordawekar, IBM Research, David Naumann, Stevens Institute of Technology, and Riccardo Pucella, Northeastern University. Notification of accepted abstracts will be sent by approximately April 10, 2009.

The Programming Languages day will be held in room GN-F15 in the Hawthorne-1 building in Hawthorne, New York. You are welcome from 9AM onwards, and the keynote presentation will start at 9.30AM sharp. We expect the program to run until 5.30PM.

If you plan to attend the Programming Languages Day, please register by sending an e-mail with your name, affiliation, and contact information to bordaw at us.ibm.com so that we can plan for lunch and refreshments to be available.

Summary of Important Dates:

* April 3rd - talk titles/abstracts due
* April 10th - acceptance notification
* May 7th - PL Day 2009!

Program committee:

* Rajesh Bordawekar, IBM T. J. Watson Research Center