[PRL] [plt-internal] Video of Clojure talk

Shriram Krishnamurthi sk at cs.brown.edu
Fri Oct 3 08:01:02 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 9:52 PM, Robby Findler <robby at cs.uchicago.edu> wrote:
> Contracts in Java suffer from having assertions in the language. My
> understanding is that Someone Decided that assertions were good enough
> and now it is just viewed as not important enough to actually make
> them contracts (my opinions and the opinions of Java users
> notwithstanding).

Let me guess:

"Tail calls in Java suffer from having loops in the language.  My
understanding is that Someone Decided that loops were good enough
and now it is just viewed as not imporant enough to actually make
them tail calls".

Btw, Dave or anyone else, do you know whether there *is* a JSR on
tail calls and where it ranks?

S.