[PRL] Starting up pl-seminar

Mitchell Wand wand at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Sep 8 15:25:52 EDT 2008

We should get pl-seminar started asap.

Shall we start on Wed 9/10, with an elevator pitch festival, like we did
last year?

Here are some topics I would like to see presented:

   - Spec# and in particular Boogie
   - Refinement Types (especially the work of Andy Gordon et al on RCF)
   - The theorem prover Z3
   - The work of Simon PJ et al on Haskell/ESC and static contract-checking
   for Haskell

Here's a tentative schedule:

   - Wed 9/10 elevator pitch festival?
   - Wed 9/17 elevator pitch festival?
   - Wed 9/24 ICFP, Mitch and others gone
   - Wed 10/1 Mitch gone (but you can carry on without me)
   - Wed 10/8 Mitch gone (but you can carry on without me)
   - Wed 10/15
   - Wed 10/22
   - Wed 10/29
   - Wed 11/5
   - Wed 11/12 probably deprecated
   - Wed 11/19
   - Wed 11/26 day before Thanksgiving
   - Wed 12/3

Can we get some volunteers to talk on these or other topics of interest?

Adam Chlipala has agreed to give a talk (date TBD).

--Mitch